For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Design Activity of Westbury Court, Church Road, Westbury-on-Trym, Bristol, BS9 3EF
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Andrew Stroud.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site www.designactivity.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you enquire about a service via a form, become a client, participate in social media functions on our site, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, company name, company address, e-mail address, phone number and job title.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
We use third parties to provide information about visitors to our websites. When you visit our websites we will record your IP address. This address will be matched against public and proprietary IP address databases to provide us with information about your visit. This information may identify the organisation to whom the IP address is registered but not individuals. In some limited cases i.e. single person companies, it may be possible to identify personal data from publicly available ICANN data.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for’, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on this site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data. We are working closely with third parties including business partners, sub-contractors in technical, delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and digital marketing. You should review the privacy policies of such third parties in relation to the processing of your personal data by them.
We use the information collected primarily to process the task for which you visited the website. Data collected in the UK is held in accordance with the Act. All reasonable precautions are taken to prevent unauthorised access to this information. This safeguard may require you to provide additional forms of identity should you wish to obtain information about your account details.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- If you are an existing client, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We may collect any or all of the information that you give us depending on the type of transaction you enter into, including your name, address, telephone number and email address, together with data about your use of the website. Other information that may be needed from time to time to process a request may also be collected as indicated on the website.
We will use this information:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- Disclosure of Information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Design Activity Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if we are required to disclose or share your data with individuals or organisations enforcing their legal rights, or in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request. We may also share your data with our legal advisers and law enforcement in order to protect third party rights and to enforce our terms & conditions. We will not do so without fully considering the implications of such disclosure and your privacy rights and will, where lawfully possible, seek to resist such disclosure.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers and with our third-party provider, Iconic Digital. https://iconicdigital.co.uk
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA FOR:
We will keep your personal data for 5 years. Subject to any mandatory data retention laws or court or governmental orders, if the agreement between us as set out in our terms & conditions is terminated by you or us, we will delete your personal data as soon as possible and in any case within [six months]. Any other data which is linked to you will be anonymised in accordance with regulatory guidance and best industry practice, so that it cannot identify you personally.
Where the processing of your personal data is governed by European data protection law, you will have the following rights:
a. Right of access: You have the right to access and receive a copy of any personal data that we process about you and certain additional information about how such data are processed.
b. Right to withdraw consent: Where we are processing personal data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time for future processing.
c. Right to request rectification or erasure: You have the right to request that we rectify any inaccurate personal data that we may hold about you, including the right to have incomplete personal data completed. You also have the right to request that we erase any personal data concerning you where you have withdrawn your consent, and in certain other circumstances.
d. Right to restriction of processing: You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
e. Right to object to processing: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
f. Right to complain: You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority.
You can also exercise any of these rights at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.