We aim to respect your privacy and are committed to protecting the confidentiality of your personal information. Our aim is to be as clear and open as possible about what we do and why. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data – what we collect, how we collect it and how we will use it.
WHO WE ARE
Design Activity, Registered Company 02903218.
Registered at: Westbury Court, Church Road, Westbury-on-Trym, Bristol, BS9 3EF
Compliance Officer: Kate Clayton
Contact email: email@example.com
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information we collect about you – for each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information: technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform. We use third parties to provide information about visitors to our websites. When you visit our website we will record your IP address. This address will be matched against public and proprietary IP address databases to provide us with information about your visit. This information may identify the organisation to whom the IP address is registered but not individuals. In some limited cases i.e. single person companies, it may be possible to identify personal data from publicly available ICANN data. When you visit our website we also collect information including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for’, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page.
Data sources – we may obtain information about you from third party data providers. We take steps to ensure that such third parties are fully compliant with GDPR and are legally permitted to disclose such information to us.
We use the information collected primarily to process the task for which you visited the website, and on the basis of Legitimate Interest as a business. We will also process data on the basis of contractual and transactional obligation where necessary. We may process your data:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- To keep you updated with our latest news through marketing communications such as our e-Newsletter (You can stop receiving our promotional emails by following the opt-out link included in every email we send.)
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Design Activity Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are required to disclose or share your data with individuals or organisations enforcing their legal rights, or in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request. We may also share your data with our legal advisers and law enforcement in order to protect third party rights and to enforce our terms & conditions. We will not do so without fully considering the implications of such disclosure and your privacy rights and will, where lawfully possible, seek to resist such disclosure.
STORAGE OF DATA
Information collected will only be seen and used by certain trained employees of Design Activity. We operate a role-based access policy for personal data, therefore employees only have access to personal data if required to do their job.
If a security breach causes an unauthorised access into our system that materially affects you, then we will notify you as soon as possible and later report the action we took in response. In all cases, we will ensure that we comply with the law and report any necessary remedies to you and the ICO.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA FOR:
We will keep your personal data for 5 years. Subject to any mandatory data retention laws or court or governmental orders, if the agreement between us as set out in our terms & conditions is terminated by you or us, we will delete your personal data as soon as possible and in any case within [six months]. Any other data which is linked to you will be anonymised in accordance with regulatory guidance and best industry practice, so that it cannot identify you personally.
You have certain rights given to you by law, which means you have an amount of control over your personal data that we process.
- Right of access: You have the right to access and receive a copy of any personal data that we process about you and certain additional information about how such data are processed. (note: any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.)
- Right to request rectification or erasure: You have the right to request that we rectify any inaccurate personal data that we may hold about you, including the right to have incomplete personal data completed. You also have the right to request that we erase any personal data concerning you where you have withdrawn your consent, and in certain other circumstances.
- Right to restriction of processing: You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Right to object to processing: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Moving Data: The right to data portability means that under certain circumstances you will be able to ask for your personal data to be transferred from one organisation to another.
You can exercise any of these rights at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO). If you are not happy with an aspect of how Design Activity are processing your data. You can lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority, which is the ICO. (www.ico.org.uk).
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.